After completing the storyboard, we are now working on the animatic. Pretty excited as we are moving close to the animation production. The storyboard turns out quite well and I hope we will have the same result for the animatic.
Produced some animation test the other day and we ended up adjusting the color of the characters. The initial look and feel for this project was meant to be rough, non-clean-up lines with uneven fills. I’d the impression that we had lost the look as we move ahead…maybe it is the character design or the treatment to the design. Just like a typical production process, when you have the deadline behind you, you have to give up some of the “idea” visual and move ahead. However, we managed to bring it back recently when we experimented with the color during the animation. Thanks to the team for the effort.
We have finally completed the story for our short animated film: My Four Legged Friend. We started the story in early 2008 and had over 20 revisions on the story. We have build it up, breaks it apart, put it together again, break it apart again…… Making a 20 min + short film is not an easy task, especially when you have to split your time between commercial projects and this little monster. But I am proud to say that at least we are still moving on, slowly but steady.
Say hello to the year of the Ox (although it has already been a month).
The company started off the New Year by visiting the Singapore Zoo.
It was interesting as we got to spend time with the goats and cows and bears and monkeys and more monkeys.
But! We weren’t there just to enjoy the animals and the scenery.
The trip to the zoo was actually to gather research for our current animation project: a 20min short film, which is set in a zoo. A very greeny leafy zoo.
The time spent in the zoo was used mostly to gather a lot of photos and sketches . The photos and sketches are all for the character and background designs of the short film.